Tuesday, April 12, 2011

cleansing the curry out;)

Day two of my cleanse..... woke up feeling hungry at about 6am, however I ignored it and gave into sleep for another hour. After planning to do the Master Cleanse for three days I got a new Breville juicer and decided to buy up the produce department at Thrifty's grocery store and juice away for three days.

My days start with a glass of room temperature water with lemon.
8am: greens- apple, celery, cucumber, kale and spinach
10am: mood booster- orange, grapefruit, lemon and St. John's wart
12pm: best face forward- apple, celery, spinach, kale and aloe vera
3pm: quick quench-watermelon, lemon, pineapple, aloe vera
6pm: ginger zinger-apple, carrot, beet and ginger
8pm: sweet dreams-rice milk, banana, almond butter, coconut water and cinnamon
Lots of water all day is essential.

I have to admit while making the juices for the following day on evening 1 I spooned a few spoonfuls of the almond butter into my mouth instead of the blender;) I also chewed a few pieces of gum throughout the day and popped a couple of peppermint candies in my mouth..... all in all there were few hunger pangs throughout that first day and only minor headaches screaming WHERE IS MY COFFEE!!! :)

Today may be a bit more of a challenge as I am working today and for the rest of the cleanse..... in a restaurant.


1 comment:

  1. Ha-ha-ha. No kidding a more challanging day. Don't leave us hanging, how did it go?
    You found aloe vera at the grocery store? Really?

    ReplyDelete