Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Cleansing


Three weeks of my trip in India were spent cleansing Ayurvedic style. Every morning I walked over to the clinic for a variety of treatments such as full-body lymph massage, vaman (drinking a warm brown liquid on an empty stomach and then emptying the stomach), shirodhara (laying on the back with a steady stream of warm oil pouring onto the forehead), steam baths and both water and oil enema's. All of this was amazing however without clean food and water I had a few stomach issues throughout my time in India, both before and after my cleansing. After three separate rounds of antibiotics I came home feeling the need for a cleanse.

The plan is to eat clean, whole foods then move into a three day master cleanse as well as a gall bladder flush the following day. If you are feeling the need for a cleanse that is quick and effective follow along. The Gallbladder Flush is from Paul Pitchford's Healing with Whole Foods book.

The flush I will be doing is a one-day ritual, after my short master cleanse. In the book Healing with Whole Foods Pitchford also gives guidelines for a Gallbladder Cleanse for those whom may have large stones that cannot be flushed through the bile duct in which case the gradual (21 day) method is more appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment