Monday, July 11, 2011

spelt.soba.noodle.salad

For everyone who isn't too sure about soba noodles, the way they taste and possibly look I found an amazing soba noodle with both spelt and buckwheat. The brand is SOBAYA and the color and texture is much more appetizing than a pure buckwheat noodle. I picked up some fresh peas and carrots from the market to throw together this fabulous and easy noodle dish.

2 TBSP Evoo
2 cloves garlic, diced (or more)
1 shallot, diced
1 red thai chilli (if I cannot find these at my local grocer I will use a spoonful of sambal sauce)
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar

Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a small sautee pan on medium heat. Add two cloves diced garlic and one shallot, sautee for one minute, until fragrant then add your finely sliced chilli (seeds removed if you don't like it too spicy-I love it!)
In a separate bowl combine rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Add this to the sautee pan and stir. Let the mixture simmer and reduce.

Pour the sauce over the cooled soba noodles and toss in fresh, shelled peas and grated carrot.


No comments:

Post a Comment