Thursday, September 9, 2010

caper.caesar.dressing

I love this handwritten note of my friend, Erik's son. He loves my caper caesar dressing so he asked if he could write down the recipe to take home. I always have roasted garlic on hand, using roasted garlic softens the sharpness of this dressing. I also add a touch of anchovy paste when the kids aren't over for dinner.




For the dressing:
1 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 lemons (juice and zest)
1 TBSP grainy dijon mustard
a few dashes of worcestershire sauce
4 cloves of roasted garlic
3 TBSP capers
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
A sprinkle of white pepper and black pepper
pinch of sea salt

I process everything except the parmesan cheese which I fold in after all other ingredients are combined.

Grilled Caesar Salad (serves 4)
My favorite pairing with this dress is not the classic caesar you are used to.... grilling my vegetables and bread are of choice.
brush romaine, onion slices and baguette with olive oil
2 heads romaine, sliced in half
1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
1 mini whole grain baguette, sliced in half
4 slices of pancetta, cooked

BBQ-med-high;
Start with the red onion on the grill, keep rings together and grill both sides until onions are slightly charred and softened.
Put the baguette on the grill, after about 3 minutes put the romaine on the grill and both the bread and the lettuce will be done in 2-3 minutes.
Chop onion, bread and romaine and toss with dressing. Plate and top with a crisp piece of pancetta.


No comments:

Post a Comment