Tuesday, September 7, 2010

salt.and.vinegar.potatoes

I am a HUGE salt and vinegar chip fan! When I saw a recipe similar to this on Heidi Swanson's website and I just had to make them. I like my potatoes sliced very thin so as she put her version straight on the grill I wrapped mine in olive oil brushed tinfoil.






1 lb potatoes, I used garden fresh new potatoes but fingerlings are prefered for the grilled version.
2 cups white vinegar
2 TBSP EVOO
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

Bring sliced potatoes to a boil in a medium saucepan (make sure all potatoes are covered in the vinegar). Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Let the potatoes cool in the vinegar. Drain and toss with oil, salt and pepper.

Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill potatoes in a single layer until browned on both sides and cooked through.
Sprinkle with salt.

Enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment